To use the debugger built into Xcode, you must have at least one project in Xcode. If already have a project in Xcode, skip to step 5, otherwise start from step 1.
- Upon opening Xcode, select Create A New Xcode Project.
- Select Cross-platform and choose External Build System
- Give your project a name, etc. and select Next
- Choose your project source directory and select Create. This directory can be completely empty if you wish not to import an existing project.
- From the menu bar, choose Product and select New Scheme and provide a name for the scheme
- From the menu bar, choose Product and select Edit Scheme
- Select the Info tab, and on the executable drop-down menu select Other and choose your executable.
- If the executable requires arguments, select the Arguments tab an add the necessary arguments.
- From the menu bar, choose Product, select Perform Action and Run without BuildingUpon completing step 9, the executable should run and you should be able to navigate the stack trace